August 28, 2013

Easy Blueberry Muffins


One of the biggest challenges I am facing as a mama is making sure that I'm feeding my child a healthy, balanced diet. As Emmett is transitioning from the baby days into toddlerhood, we are in the process of weaning him from his bottle and formula, and teaching him to eat a variety of foods, self-feed and use a cup. This is not proving to be an easy task. While I would have said that Emmett was a good eater in the past, I've struggled to find a variety of foods that he is willing to eat, and then like. (And milk from a cup? Don't even get me started on that one.) We've found a handful of foods that we can count on: yogurt, cheese, puffs, crackers, carrots and applesauce. He still loves anything that is pureed too. He'll eat macaroni and cheese, but that's not something that I want him to have at every meal, every day. So, I'm on a mission to figure out a better meal system that works for our family. Meals that are easy, quick, ready when I need them to be and kid friendly. I've got a list of things I want to try, things that Emmett can have and that we'll eat as well. Now that we're past a lot of the food restrictions for babies, we have more options. I would just like to find a way to simplify meal planning and make sure that my family is eating well.


Today I made two different kinds of muffins that can be popped in the freezer and then taken out and warmed up individually - Blueberry Muffins and Oat Muffins. The blueberry ones turned out wonderful! The oat ones... well, let's just say there is no sugar in them. Ahem. They aren't bad, and I hope that Emmett likes them, but I'll keep looking for another type of oat muffin that is a little bit tastier because I do like the fact that they are a healthier food option.

The blueberry muffins were super easy and quick to make. It's also a recipe that uses only one bowl! That's my kind of recipe!

You can find the blueberry muffin recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment