July 31, 2013

Celebrating One

Our little man turned one today. ONE. It's true what they say. They grow up so fast. Even though the days have been long, in hindsight, the time has flown by. We have come so far and today we celebrate our sweet little boy and all of the joy that he gives us. I couldn't imagine life without him. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this child, for the trials that you have brought me through, for the growth you have done in me, for the miracles I've seen and the prayers that have been answered, and for allowing me to be Emmett's mama. What a blessing it has been to catch a tiny glimpse of the way that you love me through this thing called Motherhood.

Emmett, you are such a joy to me. I love you more than you know and am proud to be your mama. You have grown so much, come so far in the last year. You are funny, silly and your laugh is infectious. You are strong, independent and determined. Your wonder for the world around you never ceases to amaze me and always makes me smile. Your kisses are sweet and your hugs melt my heart. I've grown so much since becoming your mama, and have experienced the overflowing grace of God in so many new ways because of you. I love you forever.

Always,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment