June 19, 2012

Father's Day

One thing I love about having a June birthday is that it is normally very close to (or sometimes on) Father's Day. This year, they were a day apart so we celebrated two events on Sunday with a family dinner of pasta and meatballs, Caesar salad, bread and ice cream cake. And pictures. Lots of pictures.


There were lots of smiles and presents and I especially loved watching Matt be a part of Father's Day this year. I loved getting him a little something to celebrate the Dad he'll become in just a few short weeks. I ordered a tiny knit football hat from Etsy to give him along with a small book about raising a son. I cannot wait to get some pictures of my husband and his boy together in the first few days after birth with that little hat on.



I'm also thankful for my brother and the dad he is to his little girl. He loves her to pieces and it's so evident when I watch the two of them interact. (And for my older brother who is an awesome dad to his two boys - I'm thankful for his example too!)


And then there's my dad, who is nothing short of supportive, loving and a great example of what a dad should be. I am grateful for him always.



Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment