September 3, 2011

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I decided it was time to organize all of my recipes today. While I haven't completely finished, I did come across some sweet treats that put me in the mood to bake up a little something. Taking inventory in my pantry, I noticed that I didn't have enough all-purpose flour to really bake anything. What I did have was self-rising flour, and while that is still a type of all-purpose flour, I learned that it has baking soda and salt already in it. Using this kind would involve me doing some sort of math and well, let's just face it, math and I are not on good terms. Besides, I was motivated to bake something, but not motivated enough to go through making conversions or adjustments to the recipe. So, I "googled" cookie recipes that did without flour and that's how these babies came to be.


Oh my. I think we've just found a "go-to" cookie for our house. While I'm still on the hunt for a plain flourless chocolate chip cookie, these ones that are made with peanut butter do not disappoint. Sorry, Dad!

Besides the fact that I could still bake a sweet treat today without having to run to the grocery store (bonus!), these cookies are simple and quick and made up of just a few ingredients that almost everyone would already have in their pantries.


So without making you wait any longer, here they are...

Amazing, chewy, poofy, delightful, dangerous, so-good-you-can-keep-popping-them-in-your-mouth Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.

You better go make some. NOW!

-----

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
Roll about 1 heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on un-greased cookie sheet or stone. Repeat until dough is gone. Space balls about 1 inch apart. Bake at 350ºF until cookies are puffed and lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cook on sheet 4-5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Note: I gently smooshed (yes, that is a technical term) my cookie dough balls before baking to flatten out their tops a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment